- Having an exaggerated sense of self-importance
- Expecting to be recognized as superior even without achievements that warrant it
- Exaggerating your achievements and talents
- Being preoccupied with fantasies about success, power, brilliance, beauty or the perfect mate
- Believing that you are superior and can only be understood by or associate with equally special people
- Requiring constant admiration
- Having a sense of entitlement
- Expecting special favors and unquestioning compliance with your expectations
- Taking advantage of others to get what you want
- Having an inability or unwillingness to recognize the needs and feelings of others
- Being envious of others and believing others envy you
- Behaving in an arrogant or haughty manner
Although some features of narcissistic personality disorder may seem like having confidence, it’s not the same. Narcissistic personality disorder crosses the border of healthy confidence into thinking so highly of yourself that you put yourself on a pedestal and value yourself more than you value others.
When to see a doctor
When you have narcissistic personality disorder, you may not want to think that anything could be wrong — doing so wouldn’t fit with your self-image of power and perfection. People with narcissistic personality disorder are most likely to seek treatment when they develop symptoms of depression — often because of perceived criticisms or rejections.
If you recognize aspects of your personality that are common to narcissistic personality disorder or you’re feeling overwhelmed by sadness, consider reaching out to a trusted doctor or mental health provider. Getting the right treatment can help make your life more rewarding and enjoyable.
Narcissistic personality disorder is a mental disorder in which people have an inflated sense of their own importance, a deep need for admiration and a lack of empathy for others. But behind this mask of ultraconfidence lies a fragile self-esteem that’s vulnerable to the slightest criticism.
A narcissistic personality disorder causes problems in many areas of life, such as relationships, work, school or financial affairs. You may be generally unhappy and disappointed when you’re not given the special favors or admiration you believe you deserve. Others may not enjoy being around you, and you may find your relationships unfulfilling.
Narcissistic personality disorder treatment is centered around talk therapy (psychotherapy).
One of the methods to predict whether your company has the potential to decline or fail is using the Z-Score method. The formula is as follows:
If Z<1.8, the firm is classified as at a high likelihood of failure. Conversely, a score above 3.0 indicates that that bankruptcy is unlikely.
Z = 1.2A + 1.4B + 3.3C + 0.999E
A = Working Capital/Total Assets
B = Retained Earning/Total Assets
C = Earnings before Interest and Taxes/Total Assets
D = Market Value of Equity/Book Value of Total Debt
E = Sales/Total Assets
It’s an effective leadership approach.
The Business Model Canvas is a one page overview, that lays out both what you do (or want to do), and how you go about doing it; enabling structured conversations around management and strategy by laying out the crucial activities and challenges involved with your initiative and how they relate to each other.
This visual format, first introduced by Osterwalder and Pigneur, is useful for both existing and new organizations and businesses.
The individual elements prompt thoughts within the separate activities or resources, while the capability to have the complete overview encourages fresh perspectives and ideas about how those pieces fit together. This structure also helps to keep group discussions more focused and bring everyone onto the same page.
To make a Business Model Canvas, the easiest way to start is by filling out what you do. This helps keep the focus on your main goal as you…
View original post 161 more words
Tom Carlson’s Blog Post
During tax season, many business owners provide their accountants with their tax data sometimes neatly compiled and other times in less than orderly fashions. When accountants receive client’s information without any structure or method they tend to wonder what expenses may have been omitted.
On the other hand, when a client delivers a computerized accounting file that has been kept up to date and includes cash and credit card purchases, accountants can be much more confident that every eligible deduction will be included on the tax return. in my opinion all serious business owners need to keep their books on computerized accounting software. Aside from completeness of data, I have compiled a few other reasons to track a small business’s financial transactions using modern accounting software:
- Bank Reconciliation Made Simple: You will not miss deductions when you reconcile your bank account on computerized software. The account…
View original post 391 more words
Tom Carlson’s Latest Blog Post
Tom Carlson is a CPA and CIRA that focuses on business turnaround. in this article you will learn the basics of business turnaround and how it can affect companies. It is true that businesses can face troubles that can occur for various reasons but it is important to have all the facts and make rational decisions based on facts and evidence. Problems can occur due to internal issues, the external market, or due solely on cash problems. Below are helpful definitions and key terms to help a business that may be facing some unfortunate circumstances.
- Imminent covenant defaults lead creditor groups to organize and renegotiate terms and conditions of credit agreements
Liquidity and Cash Management:
- Development of short-term cash forecast
- Aggressive cash management and cash preservation
- Liquidity enhancement
- Working capital assessment
- Supplier and customer reviews
- Liquidity becomes constrained limiting a company?s…
View original post 206 more words